Notes from the Manager
Here’s the trailer for Tales of the Night, the Michel Ocelot film that Jason mentions:
You can get links to the trailers for the other films, including The Warriors, via at the Patio Theater Events page.
You can read more about the partnership between the Patio and the Chicago Cinema Society at DNAinfo.com. Short version, they’re helping bring a broader range of programming to the Patio, which has been mainly a second run (or late first run) theater since it reopened. This makes the Patio much more of a “destination” theater than it was before, I think, and should therefore expand its customer base farther outside of Portage Park than it had been before.
This strip isn’t just Chicago movie theater news wankery, though; without getting into spoilers, you can probably imagine how — given Multiplex’s new focus on the cast as movie theater managers — this is… relevant.
EDIT: Oh, and Odd Obsession is an independently owned and run Chicago video store that specializes in hard to find movies of all kinds. If you’re a movie buff in the Chicago area, do yourself a favor and check it out.
See you Monday!
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie