Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #384: Jargon Hunting
"Max" is actually Maximiliano Cárdenas III — and, no, I didn't make up that name. Max is actually one of the Kickstarter backers, who had arranged for a unique pledge incentive, namely becoming the model for a recurring character in the regular strip. (That mostly means this character was named after him and designed to look like him; otherwise, the character in not based on the real Max in any way. I have the broad strokes of the series planned waaaay out in advance, and what he asked for fit with a character I'd already planned to introduce but hadn't yet designed or named… although I'm sure it doesn't always look like it.)
Since he was a Kickstarter backer, as well, he'll appear in the Multiplex: Book 1 prequel story, where we get a brief glimpse of him as a Multiplex 10 employee, albeit in a costume for the Revenge of the Sith premiere.
With this and Thursday's strip, we're finishing up Chapter 21, and Chapter 22 will start next week. That means we're about 1/5 of the way through Book 5.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie