Notes from the Manager
Hey, gang. There’s an interview with me about Multiplex over at Comixpedia, as part of their movies-themed May “issue.” Check it out. And if you’re a first-time reader thanks to said interview, welcome!
Anyway, yes, it’s true: Mission: Impossible III only got $48 million on its opening weekend (this past weekend), which isn’t bad, but it’s not great, either, for being the fourth widest release ever. Since the international total kicked that up another $70 million, there’s no doubt it will make back its $150 million or so budget, but it’s pretty clear that it opened just a bit too early in the year for “summer” and/or the whole “Tom Cruise is crazy” backlash has hurt his drawing power. It’s a shame, though, because it really is a great, fun, action-packed movie, with a uniformly great cast. Hopefully some well-deserved positive word-of-mouth will do the film some justice.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie