Notes from the Manager
This is the first of a short arc featuring Devi and Jason, finishing off the current chapter — and Book 4, as well.
They are at the Davis Theater in Chicago this time around. You can see a few photos of the inside and out on my Flickr page (here's the photo I used for the big panel — don't give me grief for taking a few minor liberties with things like the lamp post and the lack of trash receptacle in front, please). You can read a bit about its history at Cinema Treasures, as well as this recent article at The Center Square Ledger (which happened to use a couple of my photos).
Some of you OCD fans will notice that the current chapter is now chapter 20, not 21; this is because I reorganized the strips in Book 2 to make it 5 chapters instead of 6. Some of the chapters were much too slim; I'd have felt bad (eventually) selling an eBook that was less than 24 pages long. (It's safe to say that until an eBook of a chapter is released, the actual strips included in each chapter may change, but the starting and stopping points for each book are, I think, pretty firm.)
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie