Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #295: Common Courtesy
We're fast approaching the $3000 mark! Don't let it slow down just yet!
Regarding today's strip — I was at a theater in Bloomington, Indiana, last weekend where they actually did this: some poor employee had to stand in front of the theater and run through this whole spiel about the refills and emergency exit instructions (which were just as stupid as this) and some other bullshit before every single show.
I was absolutely stunned that the theater managers/owners thought this was a good idea, but hell, maybe it actually boosted their concessions sales or something. I can't imagine it accomplished anything else.
ALSO! An interview with me about Multiplex and the Kickstarter Project has gone up at Gapers Block, my hometown news blog site thing. It covers a bit of ground that I don't believe I've ever touched on in other interviews — like how I got into comics in the first place and Multiplex's relationship with Chicago — so even if you've read most of my other interviews, you should checkitout!
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie